Yoga trainer suggests top 3 tips for overcoming binge eating
We often find ourselves giving in to our desires and binge eating foods we wouldn’t otherwise. This is especially true during the holiday season when we just can’t resist sweets and fried delicacies.
However, it should be noted that frequent consumption of large amounts of food can lead to many health problems like weight gain, heart disease, type 2 diabetes and even gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). As such, it becomes necessary to manage your diet and exercise portion control.
While eating control is an essential part of overcoming binge eating, yoga trainer Juhi Kapoor suggests three other tips that can help.
“After the holiday season, it becomes all the more difficult to resume the diet as we are already savoring the delicacies of the occasion, ”she said in an Instagram post.
According to her,
Gyan mudra can help
10 minutes a day, especially when you feel like binge eating. “Great for controlling urges and food addiction,” Kapoor said.
How to do the gyan mudra?
* Sit in a comfortable sitting position and place the hands with the palm facing up on the thighs or knees.
* Close your eyes and breathe deeply.
* Bend your index finger and press the tip of the index finger on the tip of the thumb of both hands.
* The other three fingers should be kept outstretched as much as possible.
* Perform the pose for 10 minutes every day or whenever you feel like binge eating.
Eat mindfully and learn to put the fork down between bites.
Drink a lot of the water. Stay hydrated throughout the day.
?? For more lifestyle news, follow us on Instagram | Twitter | Facebook and don’t miss the latest updates!