How Midco Finds Benefits for All Life Stages
This is a paid part from Midco.
Simplified: From free internet to tuition reimbursement to a robust paid vacation program, Midco’s benefits package aims to provide a range of services for people at all stages of life.
why is it important
- It’s no secret that finding and retaining workers is difficult right now, and many industries are facing labor shortages.
- But good benefits can go a long way both to attract new members to the team and to ensure that those already on the team stick around.
- Midco takes a holistic approach to benefits, said Sharon Koenig, director of Total Rewards. This means making sure that team members have the security and reassurance that their employer has their backs on them during and outside of the work day.
“We’re really trying to provide resources for our team to really make their lives better,” said benefits manager Patti Oestreich. “We want them to have access to things that can help them overcome any obstacle.”
Tell me more about the advantages offered by Midco
It really all starts with how new team members are trained about the benefits available to them.
- Oestreich knows how meet people where they are and help them engage and get excited.
“We strive to provide – and I believe we provide – a wide range of benefits at every stage of life,” she said.
Here are some of the most popular benefits to work for Midco:
- Free and discounted services — probably the most popular non-traditional benefit, Oestreich said.
- Tuition reimbursement for anyone seeking a business-related degree
- Access to a wellness platform with resources related to mental, financial, physical and emotional wellbeing
- Fitness reimbursement in certain gyms
- Company HSA (health savings account) contributions
- Strong paid vacation programs
- Animal insurance
- Parental leave, including eight weeks of short-term disability regardless of mode of delivery for new mothers, as well as four weeks paid for biological and adoptive parents
- Remote work options
What else stands out about Midco’s HR approach?
Midco’s human resources team is also committed to listen and respond to comments related to all benefits.
Koenig and Oestreich use analytics and data to assess the benefits available to team members. They also use feedback from employee engagement surveys to determine which benefits people are enjoying and which ones they could use more education on.
“It’s really about trying to provide them with a suite of resources to help them improve their overall lives,” Oestreich said.